Public » Moving to Fennwoode » Buy Tenant's Insurance »
Obtaining Renter's Insurance

All residents at Fennwoode are required to carry Renter’s Insurance. Prior to taking possession of the apartment and at the time of each renewal, you will be required to provide us with proof of renter’s insurance in an amount not less than $20,000 for contents and $100,000 for liability. You will need to provide a copy of the declaration with evidence of one year’s paid receipt together with a thirty day written cancellation clause. The Landlord shall be named as an additional insured on the policy.

Tenant’s Insurance is required for two reasons:

A. To Protect your Personal Belongings. Look around to see what you could lose. It takes a lot more than pocket change to replace everything you own. Your clothing and furniture are just a start to your belongings. What about your electronics and the things you use in your leisure activities? In an instant, fire, theft, or damage resulting from other perils can happen.
B. To cover the costs of any liability you may incur: Liability insurance protects you financially against costly claims and lawsuits for bodily injury, property damage and the cost of defense against these claims.

Fennwoode Apartment’s Master Policy only covers the building where you live, not your personal belongings or if you are held responsible for injury to another person. For that you need a renter’s insurance policy.

A few companies who sell Renter's Insurance:
54 State Street
PO Box 244
North Haven, CT 06473
Tel (203) 239-3395
Fax (203) 234-2494
2315 Berlin Turnpike
Newington, CT 06111
Tel (860) 667-0877
State Farm
63 East Cedar Street
Newington, CT 06111
Tel (860) 666-1037